Re: [Evolution] email as alarm type

On Tue, 2001-11-20 at 16:13, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:

  * At this point, it likely requires the shell to run, so
    it depends on components being reusable without the shell.
My vote is to implement for post 1.0 the sendmail mechanism

My vote is to make all components reusable without the shell, all
componets, other developers should be able to use the contacts
component, the composer etc etc.

Dont get me wrong.  The idea of making every component reusable would be
great, but it will take a lot of time to implement, and that is only
*one* of the many things in the path to get mail alarms working.

I do not believe its the smartest thing to do.

This begs the most obvious question:

What on earth are we doing using a (somewhat green and buggy)
component system if we're just goint to write a monolithic application
anyway?

Are we just masochists and like to start two steps behind with one
broken leg and our hand tied behind our back?