Re: [Evolution] CALL FOR SPONSORSHIP: The Open Group Ware Project

Are you looking at this project through phpGW-colored glasses?

Sometimes. And when i do this too much, bring it to my attention.

You just
said you were going to "start building the OGS Server wrapper to
phpGroupWare".  What can that possibly mean if OGS has not yet even been
defined?

I mean, as soon as the Level1 OGS stuff is designed I will start.

I appreciate that you have multiple projects to support, but there's a
lot of design work to be done on an OGS (aka "the" OGS).  I don't even
think phpGW should be in the picture until we know what we're working
toward.  If OGS and phpGW are going to be joined at the hip, "the" OGS
will not be "an" OGS.  It will be an extension of phpGW.

OK. I get your point, and think its a misunderstanding. OGS and phpGW
are not joined at the hip.

I don't want to get into a slap-fight over this, but to talk about
starting to code on the second or third *day* of the *inception of the
idea* of a project strikes me as reckless.

I guess this is because I had already started with an XML-RPC interface
to phpGW. Ihave been running thru the tiny bit of code and taking notes
on what can be generalized and what will need to be tossed out in favor
of whatever OGS decides on. I am not going to start hacking OGS code
until I am done hacking out the Level1 OGS docs with those that want to
work on it with me.

Let's take a head-count, get an organized discussion going on about what
OGS is, what it will do, who it's for, lay out a roadmap, and then
decide where we're going to go.

OK, Im good with this.
If you are interested in working with this project, please join the
mailing list as soon as you can hit the www.ogsproject.org website and
read teh details for joining.

Seek3r