Re: [Evolution] CALL FOR SPONSORSHIP: The Open Group Ware Project

Yes - when I first looked into this subject I found about 20 groupware
projects in sourceforge, and not many of them had gotten anywhere.  I
think it would be useful to contact those people and ask them for input,
get a feel for what they had in mind, and pick over the bones of the
dead projects for useful ideas.  Some may be interested in participating
actively if there is some indication that this is a serious project
witha multi-developer following.

Yes, most are all dead because they couldnt build a solid foundation to
work from. Running the phpGroupWare project, along with being a
GroupWise and then Exchange and now Notes admin has taught me a
considerable amount about groupware systems. I feel like I can build a
design with the help of a few others with experience writing and
maintaing groupware systems. With this small group we can get something
done faster and then can open up for public discussion/critisism.

I'm all for getting gung-ho and putting fingertips to the keyboard, but
it's wasted effort if you don't have a coherent concept.  I'm not
advocating committee paralysis, just some simple discussion over what
will / will not be addressed in the project and setting some priorities.

I agree we need the concepts first, and I fully plan to work that way.
but I dont plan to have every tiny function decided before I start
hacking.

Seek3r