Re: [Evolution] Re: corrupted attachments

hmmm.. are you saying that when I save an attachment from evolution
using "save to disk" that it looks at the file and says, "this looks
like a text file, i'd better change those CR/LF's to simple LF's"?

I think i would prefer it if it left them alone.

But then, *all* text attachments would end up with CRLFs, even when the
original files only had LFs.

Anyway, from your answers to my questions, the bug is that Evo didn't
take the right steps when it attached the file to ensure that the CRs
would be preserved. Everything else is fine.

the only other piece involved in this puzzle is an M$ exchange server,
but I'd be very surprised if that is messing with the attachments.

Well, prepare for a surprise, then. :-) Depending on how it's
configured, Exchange can do a *lot* of munging to your mail. It doesn't
store them internally as MIME message/rfc822 messages. But Exchange
isn't the problem here.

I have just ruled out 1. and 3. by saving the attachment from outlook.
The CR/LF stuff is preserved.

No. As I said, *all* messages have CRLFs when they travel via SMTP. If
you send a text attachment with just LFs and save it from Outlook, you
will see CRLFs in the saved file. So it's really 2. I'm going to add a
bug to bugzilla.

-- Dan