Re: [Evolution] Re: mbox vs. Maildir

This might have something to do with body indexing. Try turning it off
and seeing if that makes a different (you'll need to hand-edit the
local-metadata.xml file that is in the directory).

ie, change this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<folderinfo>
  <folder type="mbox" name="mbox" index="1"/>
</folderinfo>

to this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<folderinfo>
  <folder type="mbox" name="mbox" index="0"/>
</folderinfo>

Jeff

I noticed, that the overly long times of Evolution with mbox files are
because of the 2nd step "Ordner wird synchronisiert" ("Synchronizing
folder" ?).  This alone takes about 30 seconds each time.  I wonder why
this step takes so extremely long!?  When the folder is first opened,
this step doesn't take quite as long.

I suppose, someone should have a close look at what's causing this
tremendous break down so that Evolution also behaves nicely there.

Alexander Skwar