Re: [Evolution] expunge speed

On 17 Aug 2001 11:35:40 -0700, Dan Berger wrote:
On 17 Aug 2001 10:52:34 -0400, Andrew Smith wrote:

I'm surprised that you are able to hit expunge after every
deletion.

Does anyone else watch the paint dry after hitting expunge?

The status bar goes on about synchronizing folders, but this takes
somewhere on the order of 8-12 seconds no matter how many messages >
are being expunged.

So, the time taken in expunging a mailbox depends heavily the mailbox
format.  mbox (still the default, though god knows why)

So this begs the question...,

   Why is mbox the default mailbox format?

I can understand the advantages of using another mailbox format for
expunge purposes, but are there also valid advantages for using mbox
instead of the others?

Ricardo