RE: [Evolution] expunge speed

Ricardo Amadeo Contreras wrote:
  Why is mbox the default mailbox format?

I don't know, but I sure wish I could set another format as the
default, instead of having to remember to convert every time.

I can understand the advantages of using another mailbox format for
expunge purposes, but are there also valid advantages for using mbox
instead of the others?

So far as I know, you couldn't pick a worse choice than mbox to store
mail in.  So I second your question.  WHY mbox?

Ron