[Evolution] POP trouble.

[apologies if you receive this twice]

I'm having some trouble with POP fetching. I am using a configuration
which worked in Evolution .4.1.

If no mail appears on my POP server, then E reports that fact.

If mail is present, E responds with "1 of 12 messages" or some such
thing, and the progress bar begins cycling. Once this begins, I can
pull down menus (to say) exit, but nothing else--the messages are
never fetched.

No interesting message appear in the text window & E does not
crash. Is there a way I can provide more information about this that
will help?

Alexander Russell, acr cse uconn edu
University of Connecticut