[Evolution] newsgroups? are they in use? or is this underconstruction

I have new groups setup under netscape and it appears evolution is reading those .newsrc files in my home dir ~/  after I have added the news servers in the mail configuration file.

My problem is that even though the groups show up, there are no message to browse.  If I am in the wrong, I'd just like to know how to set these up properly and get rid of that part of netscape.

Thanks,
Chuck