Re: [Evolution] Swedish characters in folder names

Hello,

This also happens with UTF-8 imported text, like signatures, in the composer
and message viewer; the accented chars appear as &#-1;

Yes, this is a known problem too.

Lauris and the other Evolution hackers have been working on fixing the
UTF-8 stuff steadily... It just takes quite a bit of time. I think 0.6
will have all of these issues fixed.

One question: will the UTF-8 support for the folder tree also include the
composer/message view? will it support dead keys for the composer? In the
contacts section it's already supported, but not in the composer.

Of course. We will support UTF-8 and dead keys all over the place.

I'm eager to see that support  in Evolution to be able to write non-english
mails properly.

Me too. :-) (When I write emails in Italian, I need dead keys accented
letters too.)

--
Ettore