Re: [Evolution] Syncing w/ a Palm Pilot

JP Rosevear wrote:

Peter Kropf wrote:

I'm currently using gnome-pilot to do the backup and synchronization
of my Palm Pilot. But now that Evolution seems to have the basic
feature set that I need, I'd like to start using it. However, I'm
unable to synchronize my Pilot with Evolution. To start, has anyone
gotten this to work?

When I use the Gnome configuration tool to setup the Pilot, I see
two new conduits - Evolution Calendar and Evolution ToDo. However,
when I select either one, nothing happens. There doesn't seem to
be anywhere to provide configuration information. Should it happen
here? Or somewhere in Evolution?

No, it should happen there with the rest of the conduits.

Try doing the following:
1. Open a terminal
2. killall gpilotd
3. gnomecc
4. Look at the output for errors and send me a copy.

-JP

Killed the gpilotd program. Started gnomecc and selected the
Evolution Calendar Conduit. Stdout / err shows:

        Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
        aborting...

That's it. If I select the Pilot Link and then the Evolution
Calendar Conduit, stdout / err shows:

        Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
        gpilotd-Message: Activating server
        Message: pilot = MyPilot
        gpilotd-Message: Watching Cradle (/dev/pilot)
        gpilotd-Message: gpilotd: Client seems ok
        gpilotd-Message: gpilotd: Client seems ok
        gpilotd-Message: gpilotd: monitor_on(pilot_name="MyPilot",
         client_id = IOR:012a09081b000000...)
        gpilotd-Message: gpilotd: corba: notify_on(
         event_type=CONNECT,callback=IOR:012a09081b000000...)
        gpilotd-Message: gpilotd: corba: notify_on(
         event_type=DISCONNECT,callback=IOR:012a09081b000000...)
        Message: reverting settings to original
        gpilotd-Message: corba: gpilotd_corba_pause(true)
        gpilotd-Message: corba: gpilotd_corba_pause(false)
        gpilotd-Message: Rereading configuration...
        gpilotd-Message: Watching Cradle (/dev/pilot)

        Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
        gpilotd-Message: gpilotd: corba: get_pilots(...)
        backupconduit-Message: pilot 0 = "MyPilot"
        gpilotd-Message: gpilotd: corba: get_user_pilot_id_from_name
        libgpilotdcm-Message: reading .conduit's from
         /usr/share/gnome-pilot/conduits/
        libgpilotdcm-Message: select_dir_entry(e-calendar.conduit)
        libgpilotdcm-Message: select_dir_entry(gnomecal.conduit)
        libgpilotdcm-Message: select_dir_entry(backup.conduit)
        libgpilotdcm-Message: select_dir_entry(expense.conduit)
        libgpilotdcm-Message: select_dir_entry(memofile.conduit)
        libgpilotdcm-Message: select_dir_entry(sendmail.conduit)
        libgpilotdcm-Message: select_dir_entry(e-todo.conduit)
        libgpilotdcm-Message: select_dir_entry(file.conduit)
        libgpilotdcm-Message: select_dir_entry(gnomecard.conduit)

        Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
        aborting...

Let me know if there's anything else that I can do to help debug
this...

--
Peter Kropf
Director of Software Architecture