Re: [Evolution] special character problem...

Radek Doulik wrote:
If it should work under evolution 0.6 (without having to compile the
whole cvs tree) I will also try it ASAP. I have now a gtkhtml-0.7
version with XIM (as Larry Ewing told me) enabled packaged on a deb, and
it works fine (á à â ä Á À ....)

so if it works for you now, I would recommend you to keep your updated
0.7 as I am unsure if CVS version is binary compatible with 0.7
(actually I think it isn't)

I will keep a copy around, but I'm also trying 0.8. Today I had some
time and I'm spending it building evolution cvs stuff.

However, some multipart mime messages written with outlook seems to fail
display the accented chars.

It's still broken, so CVS don't help.

Sad to hear that. It looks like there's some QP "=F3" stuff being
translated to the ASCII-7 code #, and wrongly passed to html "&...;"
escape sequences. It seems that the chars are being double transformed
and therefore wrongly interpreted... however, when I hit reply, the
message appears perfectly on the composer.

Now I'm rebuilding evolution, I will try to figure what's wrong. If you
need examples of badly formatted mails I can send you, however they're
easily produced with outlook.

Regards,

César