Re: [Evolution] Another Feature

Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

I believe that the request was to figure out what the address was even
when you didn't have the address in your addressbook, this is basically
impossible to do. I mean, all you can do is make a guess but you have to
admit from both a programming perspective AND a user persepective, it's
not worth the effort to have to keep connecting to the SMTP server to
VRFY each address you type in as you type it, that's just a total waste
of bandwidth/effort.

Maybe I'm missing something, but unless that's the case this feature
would be a complete waste of effort. I'm not sure how Netscape does it,
but my guess is that it bases the address on what's in the addressbook.

It guesses based on the domain name of the user's email address.

-JP
JP Rosevear                             jpr arcavia com
Arcavia Software Ltd.                   http://www.arcavia.com
(905) 853-7714