Re: [Evolution-hackers] Nor “Answer to list”, nor “answer to all” make use of “Cc” …add “wide answer”?

On Tue, 2018-05-29 at 02:48 +0200, Garreau, Alexandre wrote:
(not the same thing as a thread may change
topic by having one of its participant changing its subject line)

        Hi
off topic:
a) I'm replying intentionally to the list
b) I'm talking to you, the person written at the very first line
   of this mail, because "Garreau, Alexandre wrote:"
c) I do not know how much intentionally you did it, but you wrote
   three different topics here, in a way that there is one thread
   which covers all three topics in a very sad way. They use to
   call it "thread stealing".

Yours "writing privately to the list" is a nonsense (I'm sorry, I'd use
a softer term if I knew such), the mailing list is a public place, not
private. I do not know what your use case or work flow is that you
notice messages where you are in To/Cc better than messages directed
only to the list where you are subscribed (I'd guess as long as they
are directed to the list too they end at the same folder), but okay.
That only proves that different people have different habits and use
cases. To be honest, I hate when people reply to all in the lists. It
breaks reply to the list, because I receive messages directed only to
the list (when I'm not in To/CC, there's a setting in mailman for it,
which avoids duplicate mails), that means that reply to all makes
things worse for someone. It makes sense to reply to the list, it's the
place where the thread begun, thus it should stay there, in the public.
As Ángel said, if you are not subscribed, then you can say so and
people will keep you in the loop. Doing it "only because you can" (like
by adding such notice into your signature regardless of actual state)
might not be ideal. Again, different people, different habits,
different preferences. People using reply-to-all, because either they
do not know reply-to-list or their mail client doesn't offer it to them
is no argument to keep using reply-to-all, just the opposite.

Back to the matter, Edit->Preferences->Composer Preferences->General
tab->[x] Group Reply goes only to mailing list, if possible. That's
probably the option you are looking for. With that off the Ctrl+L still
goes to the list only, but the Group Reply goes to all.

For me, there's Reply to Sender, Reply to All, Reply to List, Group
Reply and now also Alternative Reply. Adding another reply kind, maybe
with a short cut, especially in a world where there's a tendency to
make things simpler, rather than more complicated (there are complaints
that Evolution it already too complicated, you repeated that several
times too), could not add to the thing. I also do not understand how
you'd recognize when to use reply-to-all instead of reply-to-list-and-
From. There can be people in the To/CC whom are not subscribed to the
list, thus you'd just remove them from the loop, which is wrong (I
know, you wanted to reply to the list and the To addresses, but that's
not correct, because the To can be the mailing list and all the other
people in the loop could be in CC, while you are replying to the person
in the From header).

By the way, this particular question belongs to evolution-list, rather
than to evolution-hackers. The later is for coders, while you are
discussing user functions. Not a big deal, just saying.
        Bye,
        Milan