Re: [Evolution-hackers] Nor “Answer to list”, nor “answer to all” make use of “Cc” …add “wide answer”?

“reply in private to the list, outside of the knowledge of eventual
participants). The problem here is “reply to the list” is not the
canonical standard thing most people will want to do, it is just the
complementary opposite of “reply privately to the sender”: “reply
privately to the list”.

Reply-To-List is the only option anyone should ever use, IMNSHO.  Doing
anything else is bad netiquette.

I always reply to list and drop all other recipients;  I assume they
are detritus accumulated from misconfigured mail clients.

I think there should be a “reply to list and sender” (or differently
named) feature that does answer to the list while staying addressed
at the sender, as does my current user-agent with “wide reply”.

This is not so simple to implement reliably as you might think;
determining which addresses are which, not across all mail list
software, hosting, etc...  Anyway Reply-To-List solves the problem.

Some user's use of mail-filters is not a problem for other list
subscribers to solve.