Re: [Evolution-hackers] Why X-Mailer instead of User-Agent?

On Mon, 2018-05-28 at 19:45 +0200, Garreau, Alexandre wrote:
In both occurence I noted the usage of, non-standard as far as I
understood, “X-Mailer” header rather than the, standard as far as I
understood, “User-Agent” one [1].

        Hi,
as your link says, it's non-standard but standardized header for this
information.

Why so?  Is there a reason, or did just this stayed this way since
2009?

Yes, I believe it's it, it just stayed such and either nobody noticed
or nobody had time to change it or anything like that. I didn't find a
bug report for it, thus it's probably because nobody noticed.
        Bye,
        Milan