[Evolution-hackers] Nor “Answer to list”, nor “answer to all” make use of “Cc” …add “wide answer”?

Hi,

Recently I missed a mail, for only some days fortunately, but knowing
myself I might have missed a lot more this way: this mail was an answer
on a mailing list, to a mail I sent there, and it didn’t include me in
either the “To:” nor the “Cc:” header, thought the user (whose
user-agent^Wx-mailer [1] header teached me they used Evolution) refered
to me using “you” and “your” in their mail body.  The mail only included
the mailing-list address in the “To” header. I’m subscribed to a lot of
mailing-lists and they get sorted in a lot of folders I rarely inspect.

Through experience, I ended considering Primary Recipients (those in
“To”) of a mail are those whom you refer using “you” and “your”, while
the auxiliary ones (those in “Cc”) are whom you don’t, while still
desire aknowledging the message.  In this situation, I’d have expected
to receive a mail with me in the “To” header, and the mailing-list
address in the “Cc” (and eventual previously present-here addresses), as
my current user-agent do with the command “wide reply” (by opposition
with the simple reply which just do the same as your “reply in private”
functionality).

However, checking in Evolution, there is no command to do a such thing.
Either there is “reply to all”, whose utility may still be to address
everybody in the discussion, or “reply to list”, which may be useful to
“reply in private to the list, outside of the knowledge of eventual
participants). The problem here is “reply to the list” is not the
canonical standard thing most people will want to do, it is just the
complementary opposite of “reply privately to the sender”: “reply
privately to the list”.

I think there should be a “reply to list and sender” (or differently
named) feature that does answer to the list while staying addressed at
the sender, as does my current user-agent with “wide reply”.  I’m aware
GNOME project particularely cares about ergonomy,
usability/accessibility and simplicity. Then, without necessarily adding
one or two actions, it may be the default (with tool-bar butter, highest
in context menu) action.  But that default behavior should be important
for users who are not used to mailing-lists usages.

In fact, sometimes, you want to write to a mailing-list without being
interested in all the threads, so you don’t subscribe, and it is then
important to add sender address in the “To” header.  Fearing that people
or User-Agent don’t automatically, for instance, I usually subscribe to
all mailing-lists I write to (I might become interested in their content
anyway), but I end with a lot of mail not ever reviewed then (I need a
RDBM and filtering/mixing/priorization heuristics in my user-agent I
believe).

Thank you, and sorry for verbosity, it is because I believe there is much
to say to the least required, which usually is the most important, and
this matters to me.

[1] Why X-Mailer instead of User-Agent? <y8u5pt0f7ejn sdo xxuns g6 gal galex-713 eu><