Re: [Evolution-hackers] About evolution-data-server/libedataser and evolution/e-utils

On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 18:57 +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
> As evolution obviously depends on libedataserver already, surely for the
> files which are identical there is no problem at all?

My thoughts exactly. I couldn't control myself, sorry, and went ahead
with one of the duplicates: I changed the inclusions of e-time-utils.h
in evolution end evolution-exchange to include it from libedataserver
instead, and committed. Now the evolution copy of e-time-utils.h can be
dropped from being installed. Presumably we can drop e-time-utils.c also
from the sources of libeutil, or does Evo need to maintain 100% ABI
compatibility in its shared libraries between releases? Is there
3rd-party code (plugins) in the wild that would expect to find these
entry points in the libeutil shared library?

I think it would be fine to just go ahead with changes like this that
are obviously right and don't affect code behaviour, instead of waiting
for discussion and approval which might never appear.

--tml