Re: [Evolution-hackers] Interface to Junk versus Not Junk buttons

El lun, 29-11-2004 a las 21:40 -0800, Joe Kelsey escribió:

> >From my reading of the source file, Evolution actually emulates a spamc
> rather than actually calling spamc.  In other words, Evolution talks
> directly to spamd.
>
> However, that is not the real problem.  The real problem is how does
> evolution deal with sa-learn.  There is absolutely no documentation or
> any discussion on this mailing list that I can find which discusses the
> actual interface to sa-learn that they chose to implement.
>
> By spending hours looking through the mess of source code, I finally
> stumbled across the actual part of the program which invokes sa-learn.
> Not only did you chose the absolutely worst designed program with the
> absolutely worst designed (or rather not designed) interface to use for
> evolution, you did it without documenting your own usage, forcing anyone
> who wanted to use a better designed program to hunt through undocumented
> source code looking for the bits that they need.  A very simple one or
> two paragraphs with the actual code listing showing how and why sa-learn
> is invoked with different arguments would allow anyone to insert their
> own interface.
>
> As it stands, it looks like what someone has to do is reimplement spamd
> since evolution pretends to be spamc.  Then you have to figure out the
> idiotic sa-learn interface.  Then you have to hope that whoever is in
> charge doesn't decide to fix this mess with a real design.

Hey, come on, calm down!

This is free software: if you don't like it, you can change it!

I think that if you enable evolution for using another antispam engine,
developers could include your patches into the program.

Constructive critics are always better than destructive ones!

Greetings

--
David Marín Carreño <dmarin dyr es>
Desarrollo y Recursos, S.L.