Re: [Evolution-hackers] Interface to Junk versus Not Junk buttons

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 13:41 -0800, Joe Kelsey wrote:
On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 23:27 -0500, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 15:47 -0800, Joe Kelsey wrote:
> > I want to interface Evolution to my personal spam filter.
> >
> > How to I make it use my personal spam filter to train on Junk versus
> > Not
> > Junk?
> >
> > I do not ever intend to use SpamAssassin.
> >
> > Thanks for any help in this area.
>
> That best would be probably to write a "spamc" client for your spam
> filter...

OK, so how about if I just implement my own personal spam filter which
adds the X-Spam-Flag header to incoming mail?  I really think the whole
spamc/spamd interface just reeks and I do not want to do it.  If
Evolution sees the X-Spam-Flag will it automatically put it in Junk?
No it wont, but you can add something that can do it easily.

e.g. you just add your X-Spam-Flag or whatever, and then you have a filter test which sets the junk flag if it is set to the right thing.

Also, how do I track down what actually happens when I use the Junk/Not
Junk buttons?  I can tag incoming mail as I want, but *exactly* what
happens when I press Junk or Not Junk?  How does it interact with the
actual junk interface?
For this the easist way is similar to the original suggestion, by writing your own sa-learn, or whatever the command is it calls when you press those buttons.

There is no way to 'plug in' new interfaces at present, even though the junk stuff is reasonably modular and is called 'camel-junk-plugin'.

--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"Evolution - Mostly Practiced By Dumb People"