Re: [Evolution-hackers] NNTP patch

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 23:38 +0100, Meilof wrote:
> Not Zed wrote:
>
> >>Hmm... I don't really think I would like this, personally... I
> >>specifically disabeled the short a.c.o.l.installation notation  in the
> >>subscribe editor because, for large lists, it is hard to keep an
> >>overview of the hierarchy... but anyway, made it a configuration option
> >>(though initially disabled).
> >>

> >Huh?  its got nothing to do with the short names.
> >
> No, but initially, if you enabled short names, it would display the
> short names in the subscription dialogue, too, and I found that
> irritating personally.

I still fail to see how this has anything whatsoever to do with the
subscription dialogue.

It already shows totally different names in the folder tree vs the
subscription dialogue.

There are 3 separate fields, full_name, path, and name.  The last is
used to display the name in the subscription dialogue, and it shouldn't
be the full path.

> >In imap, or indeed linux filesystem, you only ever see each path element
> >separately, not the full-path for each filename.
> >
> True, it's just that I didn't like it. Guess it should default to
> showing only the path element then....
>
> >I haven't seen the patch, but perhaps you can do 'date' or something
> >semi-meaningful rather than nonsense.
> >
> I /could/ make it do date, but it needs to be done before retrieving the
> folder info anyway, so that would make little difference...

Sigh.  But if you don't do it within 10 seconds you get a timeout.  Its
just a noop.