Re: [Evolution-hackers] NNTP cross-posting

Not Zed wrote:

the logic doesn't actually do that, it just makes sure that if you're not doing post-to that you always have a 'to' box. The else part is actually redundant (it sets a flag it test for in the if). So does it really need changing?

I wasn't completely clear here, but I meant the code in header_set_visibility that _does_ do a check for "visible & h->visible_mask", so it checks whether it is in the mask. This prevented the Post header from popping up in compose.

Thus, in my patch, I uncommented the "& h->visible_mask" part there and that pretty much solved it.

And another thing: how about posting to multiple newsgroups at the same time?

I'm not sure here. It would be nice to be able to post to multiple folders, even if you have to select them one at a time. And things like 'reply to all' should function as expected too.

It would be nice indeed, but how should it be done? Just add a menu item with "Add new Post header" or something to the composer? Reply-to-all currently only answers to the current newsgroup (though it does also reply to the sender of the message)...

Does NNTP do SASL stuff?

Hmm.... I don't think so now. It does TLS (http://www.karlsruhe.org/rfc/draft-ietf-nntpext-tls-nntp-01.txt). Don't know anything about how TLS works though...

Meilof
-- meilof wanadoo nl