Re: [Evolution-hackers] NNTP cross-posting

On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 16:54 +0100, Meilof wrote:
Hello,

A question about the NNTP support bounty: the bounty description
mentions cross-posting to NNTP folders and e-mail addresses. I guess
this means you will need to be able to see both the "To" and "Post-To"
headers, so I added menu items to toggle the display of these headers.
However, this gets pretty messy with respect to the visible_mask code in
headers_set_visibility which assumes that for posting a message you only
(and always) want to see the PostTo header, and for composing a normal
e-mail message you only (and always) want to see the To header? How
should this be implemented? I guess the easiest way would be to remove
the visible_mask altogether...

the logic doesn't actually do that, it just makes sure that if you're not doing post-to that you always have a 'to' box.  The else part is actually redundant (it sets a flag it test for in the if).  So does it really need changing?

And another thing: how about posting to multiple newsgroups at the same
time? The current folder selection widget only allows you to select one
folder at a time. Is posting to multiple newsgroups a priority (and if
so, how should it look?), or can it wait?

I'm  not sure here.  It would be nice to be able to post to multiple folders, even if you have to select them one at a time.  And things like 'reply to all' should function as expected too.

Meilof
 -- meilof wanadoo nl

PS. My latest NNTP patch, patch 9 at the moment, can be downloaded from
http://home.wanadoo.nl/meilof/. It has support for logging in using
AUTINFO now. I /could/ try to implement those other login methods IMAP
also has (kerberos, etc.), but I don't have a news server to throw them
at to test them, so that would become difficult.

Does NNTP do SASL stuff?