Re: [Evolution-hackers] NNTP patch

Not Zed wrote:

Hmm... I don't really think I would like this, personally... I specifically disabeled the short a.c.o.l.installation notation in the subscribe editor because, for large lists, it is hard to keep an overview of the hierarchy... but anyway, made it a configuration option (though initially disabled).
Huh?  its got nothing to do with the short names.

No, but initially, if you enabled short names, it would display the short names in the subscription dialogue, too, and I found that irritating personally.

In imap, or indeed linux filesystem, you only ever see each path element
separately, not the full-path for each filename.

True, it's just that I didn't like it. Guess it should default to showing only the path element then....

I haven't seen the patch, but perhaps you can do 'date' or something
semi-meaningful rather than nonsense.

I /could/ make it do date, but it needs to be done before retrieving the folder info anyway, so that would make little difference...

Meilof
-- meilof wanadoo nl