Re: [Evolution-hackers] NNTP patch

Not Zed wrote:

We don't use underscores before names anywhere.  And if i remember
correctly there's some C/C library rule that says underscores before
names are 'reserved for the implementation'.

Oh, allright.

Not Zed wrote:

o.k., i have:

local
 local.test
    local.test.admin
    local.test.engineering

i start not subscribed to any in that tree.

i subscribe to l.t.admin
then to local.test

i end up with:

l.t.admin
l.test
  l.t.admin

in the folder tree.

if i keep toggling local.test, it sometimes comes back the same and
sometimes displays properly.

And yeah i agree its weird, it should always be flat.

Fixed.

BTW i wonder if it would be nicer to display the tree in the
subscription dialogue with sub-path names rather than full-path names.
e.g.

local
 test
    admin
    engineering

instead of how it does it now.

Hmm... I don't really think I would like this, personally... I specifically disabeled the short a.c.o.l.installation notation in the subscribe editor because, for large lists, it is hard to keep an overview of the hierarchy... but anyway, made it a configuration option (though initially disabled).

The new patch also does reconnecting. INN seems to cut off connections after 10 seconds unless any command has been issued, so I made connect do some nonsense command to prevent INN from disconnecting us. I agree it's ugly, but it would make sense to me...

New patches

   * http://home.wanadoo.nl/meilof/evolution-nntp-patch-14
   * http://home.wanadoo.nl/meilof/evolution-nntp-patch-13to14

Meilof