Re: [Evolution-hackers] Addressbook UI thoughts

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 16:21, Not Zed wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 10:42, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> > > Yea. I remember words "new" and "widget" being uttered in relation to
> > > this :)
> > >
> > > Sort of like a multiline list monster.
> > >
> > IIRC, Miguel had a widget of this kind, written in C#, probably worth
> > looking at it.
>
> Does it support tree view and dnd and scale, and etc etc? :)
>
> (its only prototype code right, so it might have some good ideas, but
> is a ways off being usable).
>
> Can you make GtkTreeView (or the list view) display like that?  Using
> a custom cell renderer for example?  We might be able to make
> gtktreeview scale, or we might not :-/

I actually wrote a GtkTreeView renderer much like those suggested here
for the addressbook a while back.  Lost it in a disk crash, but here's a
screenshot of what I had:

http://toshok.org/images/ecellrendererminicard.jpg

It had some issues of its own, but I recall it being a night's worth of
hacking to get it working to the point you see there.

Chris