Re: [Evolution-hackers] Addressbook UI thoughts

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 14:06, Ross Burton wrote:
> I actually really like this.  I will however point out that the Video
> Conference field has popped up again, and is not supported by the
> VContact object.  Should I file a bug to get this added for Evo2?

That is another thing, ignore it for this mockup, I just cut and pasted
some pixels from the old addressbook mockup :-) The paned thingy is the
point.

I talked with Rodrigo and he said there were talks about a "switchable"
paned widget for this, which could be useful for mail and tasks as well.
So the user could "switch" it from horizontal to vertical at will. It
would be very useful for mail as well. For a lot of things there is more
than enough of horizontal space but vertical space is very limited.
Having stuff like Gnome panels and menubar on top and bottom of the
screen is not helpful.

So a side-by-side view of for example mail would be rather useful: You'd
get a message list on the left (it could even do multiline: