Re: [Evolution-hackers] note on colorized calendars

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 13:28, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 12:19, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
>
> > yes, I also think so. Having also the possibility to select the colors
> > makes this usable for everyone, doesn't it?
>
> It should, although I dont't recall exactly what the 508 wording is on
> these matters.  I seem to recall the main thrust of Bill's arguments
> during the Theme Preferences dialog redesign was the apparent
> requirement for a single place to configure visual settings that made
> all desktop applications usable by someone who needed to configure those
> settings.  If that were the case, a theme-compliant mode would
> presumably still be required... but Bill will be out of commenting range
> for a few weeks so I'll try to rustle up somebody else to chime in :)

Anders mentioned in IRC that there's a bug filed in gtk about each theme
providing a number of colors that can be distinguishable from each
other. I suppose that would be, if at all, in GTK 2.4, so we can't rely
on that, but once we've got this in GTK, it seems the best way to get
the colors. Thus each theme can set the best colors for it.

cheers