PDF navigation: competitive analysis

Am Freitag, den 28.01.2005, 14:22 +0100 schrieb Nikolai Weibull:

> The only problem with this reasoning being that your imaginary
> pdf-enabled browser is just that: imaginary.

Oh well, here is some kind of "competitive analysis" of other
products, all very real:

All Screenshots on one page:
http://www.pangea.at/~ralph/pdfviewers.html

Acroread 4
Menu: Go to First/Previous/Next/Last Page; Page ...
History: no
Buttons: Yes
Screenshot: http://www.pangea.at/~ralph/acroread4.png

Acroread 7 (beta):
Menu: Go to First/Previous/Next/Last Page; Page ...
      Go to Previous/Next View (that is their terminology
            for the hypertext stuff now it seems).
Screenshot: http://www.pangea.at/~ralph/acroread7b.png

xpdf 3.0
Menu: No as far as I can tell
History: No
Buttons (boy this is confusing) for both "paging" and hypertext
 metaphors.
Screenshot: http://www.pangea.at/~ralph/xpdf.png

gpdf 2.8.0
Menu: Go Back/Forward
      Go Previous Page/Next Page
      Go First Page/Last Page
History: No
Buttons: for both paradigms
Screenshot: http://www.pangea.at/~ralph/gpdf.png

So it seems all programs are very similar, only xpdf
has no (or a very strange) menu, at least in my version.

HTH
/ralph -- sorry, I do not have KDE