Re: Epiphany homepage

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Matthew Thomas wrote:

A good start, but it's still "below the fold" (i.e requires scrolling to see it with many browser configurations).

I've switched the positions of the About section and the screenshot, but now the background stripe looks weird. If the stripe is moved to the screenshot level, would this be better?

windows can be handled with text, for example: "Unlike Firefox, Epiphany stays responsive even while drawing complicated pages."

Hmm, does it? :)

Hmmm, none of the images are displaying in my copy of Firefox. (They work fine in Safari.) Is this deliberate? :-)

They work in _my_ copy of Firefox... don't know what could be going on.

Particularly cringeworthy text on the current version includes "aims to", "transparent browsing experience", "needless to say", "you might be able to get it" (!!!), and "browser functionality".

OK, I've reworded the phrases you highlighted. Keep in mind not many of us here are native English speakers. Do you have other suggestions for wording?

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778