Re: Epiphany homepage

On 9 Feb, 2005, at 10:39 AM, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
I've added a short paragraph about what Epiphany offers above Mozilla/Firefox under the Features heading.

A good start, but it's still "below the fold" (i.e requires scrolling to see it with many browser configurations).

The current preview page is http://www.cs.vu.nl/~reinout/epiphany.xhtml now (since Adam converted it to XHTML, I even had to edit .htaccess to get Apache to serve the right mime type..)

Does that mean Internet Explorer users can't read it? (If so, does that matter?)

faster than Firefox (it is, right?), show that in a couple of pretty and uncluttered graphs.

Nice, but how do you time the drawing time of menus and such? Or are you just talking about startup time?

The things people will care about *graphs* for are startup time and page loading time -- the things that take entire seconds. Stuff like menus and windows can be handled with text, for example: "Unlike Firefox, Epiphany stays responsive even while drawing complicated pages."

Make obvious, decent-sized (but cropped) screenshots of the killer features that should make people want to switch from Firefox. (There aren't any? Then

Yes, the icons on the current page should be replaced by nice screenshots, I'm just waiting for anyone to Gimp them up.

Hmmm, none of the images are displaying in my copy of Firefox. (They work fine in Safari.) Is this deliberate? :-)

Copywriting available on request.

I'll keep that in mind. :-)

Particularly cringeworthy text on the current version includes "aims to", "transparent browsing experience", "needless to say", "you might be able to get it" (!!!), and "browser functionality".

--
Matthew Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/