Re: Epiphany homepage

Hi Matthew,

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Matthew Thomas wrote:

Instead, the site needs to give people reasons why they should *switch* from their current browser (Firefox, Galeon, or whatever).

I've added a short paragraph about what Epiphany offers above Mozilla/Firefox under the Features heading. The current preview page is http://www.cs.vu.nl/~reinout/epiphany.xhtml now (since Adam converted it to XHTML, I even had to edit .htaccess to get Apache to serve the right mime type..)

faster than Firefox (it is, right?), show that in a couple of pretty and uncluttered graphs.

Nice, but how do you time the drawing time of menus and such? Or are you just talking about startup time?

Make obvious, decent-sized (but cropped) screenshots of the killer features that should make people want to switch from Firefox. (There aren't any? Then

Yes, the icons on the current page should be replaced by nice screenshots, I'm just waiting for anyone to Gimp them up.

Copywriting available on request.

I'll keep that in mind. :-)

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778