Re: Epiphany homepage

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Victor Osadci wrote:

I have a few suggestions to make it work better with some browsers and
also some improvements (maybe).

Thanks Victor. I've used your enhancements as you can see; except the text alignment change. Adam, do you agree?

     * Reinout, I'm curious, how do you handle the mime type? Are you
       sending "application/xhtml+xml" to all browsers as the XHTML1.1
       standard says, or give older browsers "text/html" ?

I've just added "AddType application/xhtml+xml .xhtml" to .htaccess . I don't consider different kinds of browsers. (If I should, how??)

     * Is there a reason to use the "en-US" language instead of the
       more generic "en"?

In the back of my head, I'm even planning to internationalize the web site, but I need PHP >4.1.1 for that. Christian said something on IRC that PHP is only allowed on www.gnome.org after security review... who would I ask about that?

http://vic.pmc.md/misc/screenshot_shadow.png

Thanks-- but actually I was referring to the screenshots belonging to the feature paragraphs. :-)

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778