Re: [guadec-list] [General Info] Plan for GUADEC 2015 videos

On Fri, 2015-08-14 at 18:54 +0200, Andrea Veri wrote:
We should definitely find a better location for GUADEC videos as we
can't provide the bandwidth or the disk space for them to be hosted
under the GNOME Infrastructure.

About the FTP access: we don't and won't offer that as the Red Hat
network where our machines currently live has the relevant port
firewalled for security reasons. What we can probably do is
investigating whether having torrents might work out long term.

Could we run a bittorrent tracker to offer videos, test USB images of
new releases and the likes, if we can't make them available via other
means?

The Fedora Project Infrastructure makes use of torrents since many
years already, I'll get in touch with Kevin about this and hear what
kind of torrent server they're using behind the scenes and come up
with a plan for the GNOME Infrastructure to implement.

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Infrastructure Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Board of Directors Secretary,

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av