Re: [General Info] Plan for GUADEC 2015 videos

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Bastian Ilso
<hougaard junior gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

Hej,

Furthermore I plan to upload the videos to GNOME's official Youtube channel,
GNOMEDesktop[0]. I plan to:
[…]
I see we have an old separate GUADEC Youtube channel[0] made from a separate
Youtube account that I do not have access to. However, IMO it is more
convenient from engagement POV that we can promote just a single youtube
channel (GNOMEDesktop) and we have plenty of opportunity to keep the videos
categorized in GNOMEDesktop via Playlists and by controlling what content
gets featured. Also, GNOMEDesktop supports uploading videos up to 11 hours
long and at the moment I don't know if the GUADEC channel does.

What about the GNOME Design channel[0]?

Also, I thought Youtube had a concept of channels where a single place
could be referencing and advertising all of their channels?

What do you think? If you have concerns, feel free to express them. If there
are no major concerns I think we can probably expect to have the videos
uploaded within a week.

My concern when uploading to Youtube is that we're contributing to a
centralized Internet, and as a Free Software project we should care
about the decentralized Internet cause. Of course I'm aware that we'll
still have the videos on the GNOME server, but that's not enough as
people will lazily rely on Youtube in the end, or may even stumble
upon things on Youtube and never even be aware that we actually offer
the videos elsewhere (with slides and everything).

[0] https://www.youtube.com/user/gnome3design

--
Alexandre Franke