Re: Getting GNOME page on gnome.org

On Tue, April 3, 2012 5:54 am, Allan Day wrote:
On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:
On Mon, April 2, 2012 9:30 am, Emily Gonyer wrote:
So, what your saying is that its really hard to get a good GNOME 3
install
on Mageia and therefor it shouldn't be on the list of distros, correct?
get that. Theres a reason we don't list *every* distro on the page
afterall! Maybe we should come up with a concrete set of 'rules' to be
listed and then work our way through a list of distros and rule them in
or
out as we go.

Another thought -

Is there any reason we can't have a link on this page saying, "see other
distributions using GNOME", where we have a separate page and add anyone
who asks or makes sense to add?

I would hope to avoid the need for another page...

I know it's not ideal, but it does at least sort of solve the problems
we're discussing here, without cluttering up our main page for new
users...

Also, we should think about adding Pandora as another footnote, saying
that GNOME 3 is available on a fully free distribution there, because
that
represents a slightly different ideological issue (while not meeting our
criteria for inclusion in general, it fills a niche that a real subset
of
our users may be interested in knowing about).

Do you have a link to any information about Pandora? I can't find any.

ha, that's because I wrote the wrong name - I meant parabola :)

https://wiki.parabolagnulinux.org/index.php

sorry!
karen