Re: Getting GNOME page on gnome.org

So, what your saying is that its really hard to get a good GNOME 3 install on Mageia and therefor it shouldn't be on the list of distros, correct? I get that. Theres a reason we don't list *every* distro on the page afterall! Maybe we should come up with a concrete set of 'rules' to be listed and then work our way through a list of distros and rule them in or out as we go.

Emily

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 02:06:16PM +0100, Allan Day wrote:
> > I want Mageia to be removed from this list the way it is now. You're not
> > getting GNOME 3 with the stated instructions. As such, I don't want it
> > in there.
>
> I'd be sorry to see it removed. Would it be possible for Mageia to
> host instructions explaining how to install GNOME 3, do you think?

That is what I used this page for. On Mageia.org: no clue, have to ask
around. I was more aiming for getting a good standard GNOME experience,
but that is proving to be quite difficult.

--
Regards,
Olav

--
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. -  Goethe

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr.Seuss

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. - Albert Einstein