Re: The "What is GNOME?" Answer

<quote who="John Williams">

Yeah, I like both of those changes. Perhaps we should switch "an effort
to create" with "an international collaborative project that has
created"?

I don't favour this.  Mainly because GNOME is the GNU Network Object Model
Environment, i.e. a bunch of software.  I overlooked, in the original, the
work "Project".  If the explanation is to be short, perhaps we should
focus first on the most tangible aspect of GNOME: all those zeros and
ones.

Hmm, hmm. I think you're right. I'm always very keen to stress the community
as much as possible, but we are generally explaining the product of our work
to outsiders. So, "GNOME is a desktop blah blah", with the next sentence
being, "it is developed by an international community of blah blah". So that
is detail.

Besides, how could we possibly explain our wonderful community in a few
words munged in with the product spiel? We just couldn't! ;-)

- Jeff

                      Hunch, n.: U.S. Foreign Policy.