Re: [Ekiga-list] Selecting audio devices with Pulse Audio

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Steve Hill <steve nexusuk org> wrote:
>  It mostly works, but:
>
> 1. Very unreliable when using the gnome sound settings applet.  The input
> stream seems to end up on the bluetooth headset, but the output stream
> usually seems to end up on the internal sound card (may be related to (2)
> below).

If it works with pavucontrol, then it sounds more like a GNOME issue to me.

> 2. Setting the streams in pavucontrol works, but it is unable to tell the
> difference between the stream opened for the ringer and the stream opened to
> output the call media, so if you tell it to route to the headset, the ringer
> goes there too.

For this to work, Ekiga needs to set mark the ringer stream as an
event sound, it should then go to the default device. Of course this
requires that the ringer is a separate stream; and it won't work if
Ekiga is using ALSA instead of PA directly (I have no idea whether
Fedora 15 bundles the PA output plugin).

Best,
Ian