Re: [Ekiga-list] Selecting audio devices with Pulse Audio

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Steve Hill <steve nexusuk org> wrote:
> On 21/09/11 11:45, Genghis Khan wrote:
>> Maybe you should manipulate input/output solely with Pulse Audio itself.
>
> As I explained, I don't want to change the default input/output devices for
> my whole machine, I just want to change them for my Ekiga calls, so changing
> them in PA manually isn't really an option.  I'm hoping there is some way I
> can tell Ekiga to use Pulse Audio but for it to ask PA to direct its audio
> streams via a non-default device.

When you're in a call, move the stream to the headset. Now PA should
remember the association for further calls - works for me with a USB
headset on Fedora 10. I'm not sure whether the PA will keep the config
after the pairing is removed though.

Cheers,
Ian