Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga for Windows

Le mardi 18 mai 2010 à 13:16 -0500, Robert Steinmetz AIA a écrit :
> Thanks for all the work on getting the Windows version updated and
> fixed. I've been waiting a while to test it.
> For What It's Worth as mentioned above the link on the Ekiga.org
> homepage still leads to a "Page Not Found" error but the "other
> downloads" link below it works and takes you to the download page
> referenced above.

I know. We plan to release Ekiga 3.2.7 soon. My plan for the website is
to fix everything at the time we will announce it. For now the windows
version is a *pre-release*; as it fix the very bad bug which could erase
user personal datas, it is good enough to be public now.

I do think the less you give the *masses* updates, the more valuable it
is to them. It is quite différent for people having special interest on
our project; for them the more updates, the better. I do use channel of
communication with feedback, like bug reports, the mailing list, forums
etc. and provide them repositories with updated clients in a pre-release
state. This is my personal strategy. As I also am the one dealing with
the website, I find useful to discuss it publicly here. And I just tried
to express it now. I was just doing it before.

Best regards,
Yannick