[Ekiga-list] Ekiga 3.2.7 Windows XP

Dear Mailing List,

I am new to Ekiga/SIP and I am struggling to configure.

I am based in Tunisia, those who I need to video/speak to are dotted around Europe.

Ekiga seems like a reasonable method of communication.

I have set up two test subjects on Ekiga.net but my configuration is causing a big headache

Upon starting, Ekiga failed to register my account due to my pc being behind a Cisco Firewall/Security box. ‘could not register (failed)’

So, rules were created as per the Ekiga help section (ports used)

Now, I receive a new message ‘could not register (method not allowed)’ – DIFFERENT error message

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Apologies if I am in the wrong place/speaking out of turn/causing disturbance

Kind Regards

Nigel Brown

Production Manager

t. +216 70 63 55 55

f. +216 71 62 11 06

www.apxpress.com

Please note that as part of apxpress’ company policies we monitor incoming and outgoing email to protect the operation of our computer systems. The contents of this e-mail and its attachments ("message") are confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. The contents may not be disclosed, copied or distributed without the consent of apxpress. It is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient you must delete this message immediately and advise the sender that you received it in error. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of apxpress. apxpress does not accept any responsibility for the author's views.

Whilst apxpress takes every effort to ensure this message is virus free it cannot guarantee that this is the case. It is the recipient’s responsibility to carry out such virus checks as it deems necessary. apxpress cannot accept any responsibility in this regard.  Please note that this message has been sent over public networks which may not be a 100% secure communications medium and the sender cannot be held responsible for its integrity.