Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga and x264

On 21/07/10 15:27, Michal Svoboda wrote:
Eugen Dedu wrote:
chroot allows to create a non-free package without installing such
software on my system.  Besides, I had a problem with it:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=485392 and another
one if I remember correctly.

That link points to some VLC and MJPEG problems, says nothing about
chroot, h264 or x264.

x264 needs a modified libavcodec (ffmpeg), and vlc had problems with this modified library. In chroot I can put whatever I wish, it does not interfere with my system.

On that note, please do point me to the (2) patches I should try to fix
the x264 problem in Ekiga. (The bug report contains only 1 patch.)

Well, the first patch is the patch in the bug, and the second one is in comment 7 (i.e. change x264_encoder_open to x264_encoder_open_83, or whatever the current/used version is).