[Ekiga-list] ekiga kills audio out on phone call...

no idea how to troubleshoot this one... but I watched my pulseaudio volume control when making a call... the moment the other end is connected, my microphone sound is automatically disabled... not just muted (the bar that shows the amount of sound coming into the mic doesn't just go grey, it disappears completely).  What could be the cause of this issue and how can I fix it?  I have played with various settings, switched from internal sound to usb sound (using a logitech headset for sound now and it worked fine 2 days ago, but has been giving me this problem ever since... and I didn't change any settings in order to lead to this experience.  The internal audio has been non-functional for ekiga other than for the ringtone for probably 2 or 3 months now, but I never wrote in about it because I prefer to use the USB anyway.  This is now my primary phone (as my XP machine running Magicjack has taken a complete and utter crap on itself due to a recent power outage and I currently have no way to reinstall) so I am in need of getting this phone functional ASAP... Thanks in advance for anyone who helps and ask as many questions as you need to so I can drop enough info to get this fixed...

--
"Custom" is NOT mass produced!  ...then it's just a product line.
Custom Processing Unlimited