Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga and x264

On 19/07/10 17:41, Michal Svoboda wrote:
jtd wrote:
gpl V2 covers copyrights, not patents. The writer of the code may  or
may not own the patent. The owner of the patent has to explicitly
grant you rights to the use of the patent, In this case the MPEG-LA
consortium.

I don't see how chroot (mentioned by parent post) protects against that
kind of 'non-freedom'.

chroot allows to create a non-free package without installing such software on my system. Besides, I had a problem with it: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=485392 and another one if I remember correctly.