Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga built, but problems here

Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:
On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 10:33:45PM +0200, Eugen Dedu wrote:

Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:
On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 06:54:51PM +0200, Eugen Dedu wrote:

This is a known and unfortunate ekiga problem: your UDP packets are greater than 1500 bytes, so they do not reach the destination. Remove 5 or more unused video and audio codecs and try again. grep large output.txt should not show anything.
Well, this helped partially. I mean: I can connect to Ekiga's echo service,
and I'm receiving a picture from Netmeeting peer - but he doesn't receive
anything from my side.
Again: you should send the -d 4 output file from a communication which works only in one direction.

OK, in a minute or two you'll receive.

Still the problem with (actually, "no") sound - but I'm trying to investigate.

Linphone). Another strange thing is, that although I'm able to point the
wanted audio devices in "preferences", the audio-related menu points totally
"grayed out" in menus (perhaps it'll become active only on connection?).
I do not see what you are taking about, could you be precise?
The sound-related menu points were "grayed out" (inaccessible). But I see,
In what menu? Preferences->General->SoundEvents? Audio->Devices? Audio->Codecs? What entry is greyed out inside this menu?

I tried again: maybe the changes in the settings - that were done meanwhile
- but now, when all codecs are "on", in "Chat" menu the "suspend video" is
"grayed out", and in "View" the following: "Remote Video", "PiP", "PiP in
Separate Window", "Normal Size", "Fullscreen".

Of course it is the case, when there's no video connection at all (that
"oversized packet" case, I suppose).

Ah, that's normal: they are active only during communication. I do not think we could consider this as a bug...