Re: [Ekiga-list] Fedora Core 10 - Ekiga 3.0.2 registration timeout()

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 5:55 PM, Michael Cronenworth <mike cchtml com> wrote:
> Ed wrote:
>
> Fedora 10 got all enthusiastic with SELinux maybe?
> You might toggle SELinux in & out of permissive mode while you're in
> flipin'-switches mode.
> man setenforce & sestatus
> ymmv
>

> I'm using Ekiga 3.0.2 and Fedora 10 with SELinux in Enforced mode. I have no
> issues.
>
> In fact, I haven't had a single SELinux related issue since Fedora 9. I've
> been in enforced mode for almost a year now. If you do run into a problem
> there is a graphical tool that notifies you of SELinux denials and offers
> suggestions on workarounds. You can drop the SELinux jokes.

I for one would love to hear some good SELinux jokes*   ;)
And i wouldn't suggest running without it - new tools etc make it very
useful - especially with the new guide on the Fedora site.
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/selinux-user-guide/
but in terms of "big & easy" diagnostic checks, aka flipin'-switches
mode, it is up there with the firewall & rebooting.  well maybe you
can hold off on rebooting for a bit...
And, like your local firewall, I wouldn't recommend running a system
for very long without it Bas. (once you've got Ekiga working)
sorry I couldn't help.

*we have a LUG here and any new material is greatly appreciated