Re: [Ekiga-list] Fwd: Re: ekiga fails to use sound card, other apps do, config help?

Steve Ames wrote:

..deleted

How could I have access to the pwlib in CVS? I followed what the page http://www.openh323.org/cvs.html says but get connection refused:

openh323.org has been a dead-ish site for years. pwlib and openh323 were
hosted at voxgratia for a while until the developers had a disagreement
and split the projects into h323plus and opal. pwlib has been renamed
ptlib in the new order.
See: http://www.h323plus.org/ for the latest h323 code
http://www.opalvoip.org/ for the latest opal and pwlib/ptlib

Both run their CVS off sourceforge now I believe.

I would like to add some clarification to the above. :)

openh323.org is indeed dead, and has been for many years.

voxgratia.org was the home of both the Opal and OpenH323 projects for several years while certain issues were being resolved. During that time, the founders of OpenH323 were able to move their focus to OPAL.

We were finally able to move OPAL into it's own project at openvoip.org late last year. As part of that move, pwlib was renamed ptlib and the OPAL source was migrated from CVS to Subversion.

Some of the people who are passionate about OpenH323 wanted to keep it alive, and chose to do so at h323plus.org. As far as I know, there is no disagreement - they still uses the ptlib from OPAL.

Everyone is welcome to come join us at opalvoip.org :)

   Craig

 Craig Southeren          Post Increment – VoIP Consulting and Software
 craigs postincrement com au                   www.postincrement.com.au

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243656905      MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 Mobile: +61 417231046      Jabber: craigs jabber org

 "Science is the poetry of reality." Richard Dawkins