Re: [Ekiga-list] Fwd: Re: ekiga fails to use sound card, other apps do, config help?

El día Tuesday, March 18, 2008 a las 10:15:59AM -0400, Steve Ames escribió:

> > How could I have access to the pwlib in CVS? I followed what the page
> > http://www.openh323.org/cvs.html says but get connection refused:
>
> openh323.org has been a dead-ish site for years. pwlib and openh323 were
> hosted at voxgratia for a while until the developers had a disagreement
> and split the projects into h323plus and opal. pwlib has been renamed
> ptlib in the new order.
>
> See: http://www.h323plus.org/ for the latest h323 code
> http://www.opalvoip.org/ for the latest opal and pwlib/ptlib
>
> Both run their CVS off sourceforge now I believe.
>
> > And I'm confused; the FreeBSD ports speek about pwlib and fetches some
> > tar file pwlib-v1_10_1-src-tar.gz , but the above www.openh323.org speeks about
> > 'ptlib_unix', what is the relation of this?
>
> FreeBSD port is currently using pwlib version 1.12.0. I believe that will be
> the last one actually called pwlib. It was the transition version its pwlib
> in someplaces and ptlib in others. However the official cut is ptlib 2.0.
>
> ptlib_unix is actually the unix based telephony library that comes in pwlib.
> With the transition to just being ptlib a lot of the windowing libraries
> got chopped out (they were never used anyway) which streamlined/focused the
> codebase considerably.
>
> Hope this helps the confusion a bit :)

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the explanation, now I have some light in that jungle :-)

maybe it's woth to correct in that case the file pkg-descr of
/usr/ports/devel/pwlib which still points (and made me going there) to
http://www.openh323.org/

Thx again

	matthias

--