[Ekiga-list] Microphone can only be opened by using a different program

Hi,

When Ekiga starts, my microphone sound is not received by Ekiga (as shown by the meter in the Audio tab and also by the silence returned by echo test calls) even though I can hear it on my loudspeakers. Both volume switches are at zero and cannot be moved (they jump back to zero).

I need to start another program like Audacity (without closing Ekiga) and fiddle around with the input settings there a little --- then suddenly everythings works in Ekiga, i.e. I can set the levels for the microphone and the output, and the sound coming from the microphone is now suddenly represented in the level meter. (Nothing has changed audibly, though --- I could hear everything well in the first place and the sound is still there.)

I seem to remember reading something like "Ekiga cannot set the audio levels on start-up" when I installed Ekiga but I cannot find any setting in the configuration that would change anything.

I have looked at the FAQ and searched the list archives but I seem to be the only one with this problem. I have never had any problems with my sound input, though, and I often record and play things.

Hope anyone can help.

Axel